A superb website can propel your business to the next level of success. However, an outdated website can be a severe detriment to your business. As a business owner, it is your responsibility to ensure that your website is well designed and regularly updated. Below are 12 signs your website needs a redesign.
1) Your website ranks poorly with search engines. Over 90% of people do not venture past the first page of Google when conducting an online search. If your website does not rank well in search engines, prospects will never be able to find your company.
2) The information on your site is old or inaccurate. The presence of old or outdated information on your site is a major sign that your website is in need of a facelift. Potential customers don’t want to deal with a business that seems outdated and out of touch. Your website should feature your current contact information and your latest product or service offerings.
3) Your website looks terrible on your smartphone. Roughly 60% of online searches are conducted using a mobile device. Failure to ensure that your website has a mobile-friendly design is a recipe for failure and a sign that your website needs to be revamped.
4) Your pages take too long to load. Speed is critical in the website design arena. If your website pages take longer than three seconds to load, you are likely losing over half of your visitors. Enhancing your website’s loading speed will give an immediate boost to your web activity.
5) Your blog has not been updated in months. Failure to regularly update your blog can send customers a message that your organization is struggling or even preparing to cease operations. A web design expert can help you update your blog page and develop a posting schedule to make sure your blog is not neglected.
6) There are no links to your social media sites. Your social media sites can generate leads for your business if properly designed. If your website does not contain any links to your social media sites, you will lose a valuable channel for lead generation and business exposure.
7) Your website pales in comparison to your competitors’. If you find yourself wishing your website were more like your competitors’ sites, then it is time to enlist the services of a professional web design firm. Make a note of the key features that you like in your competitors’ websites so you can incorporate similar characteristics into your redesigned website.
8) It has been years since anyone updated your website. If you cannot remember the last time your WordPress website was updated, then it’s time to modernize your website. If your site takes any text input including contact forms, ecommerce, search bars, logins, chat features, etc., you need to implement SSL to avoid showing a “Not Secure” warning in visitor’s browsers. Redesigning your website will ensure that your site is mobile responsive, secure, easy to navigate, and content is fresh, useful, and presented in an attractive fashion.
9) Your website does not properly represent your brand. If your website does not clearly convey your mission and product offerings, then it is time to update your site. Your website should clearly feature your current logo, mission, and primary products or services.
10) You never considered customer feedback when designing your website. If your website was designed without customer input, you are likely failing to include valuable content and features that help create a positive customer experience.
11) You receive complaints about your website. If your customers complain that your website is difficult to navigate or contains too many ads, you need to consider redesigning your site. Other complaints that warrant intervention from a web design firm are the presence of broken links, contact forms that don’t work, and slow page loading speed.
12) Your website is just plain boring. One of the main reasons visitors leave a website is the presence of dull or uninteresting content. A site redesign can help ensure your content is interesting and captures the attention of prospective customers.
To learn more about the importance of website design, please contact us. Our team of web design experts are eager to serve as your trusted resource for website design and maintenance. We look forward to hearing from you.