Your website most likely has a “thank you” page that you send to anyone who has ordered a product, requested more information via your contact form or downloaded information. And, if you’re like most people, the copy on that page thanks the customer for whatever action she has taken … and that’s it. But, that’s not nearly enough.
Do you know that a simple thank you page can be a powerful sales tool? Think about it. Anyone who has stayed on your site long enough to interact with it in some way is a potentially valuable lead.
Don’t miss the opportunity to engage them further by making the most of your thank you page, using one or more of these valuable tools.
- Confirm whatever product, service or download they have ordered and let them know when it will be received. If it’s an immediate download, indicate other places where they can find additional information on your site, blog or newsletter.
- Include links to your social media sites and let customers know why they should visit those sites. Will they learn more about the product they’ve ordered or expressed interest in? Are there special offers on those sites? Can they receive discounts? Invite them to explore your products and services further.
- Add a call to action to your thank you page. Ask them to subscribe to your blog or newsletter and tell them what information they will learn there. Let them know how often they will receive the newsletter.
- Include your contact information.
- Highlight testimonials from customers or positive media coverage.
- Include a video thanking them and explaining the details of what they have purchased: when it will be received, what it will include, etc. Don’t be afraid to use a little humor.
- Create a box in which customers can let you know how the transaction went and if they see any areas for improvement.
- Provide an opportunity to tell their friends with links to social media sites.
- Offer a special promotion, discount or free gift.
- And, don’t forget to say “thank you”!